Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
|February 15, 2013 - March 07, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$3381 - 4110 per month|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, PERS, LTD, Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment plant, lagoon and wastewater collection facilities; does related work as required.|
|Duties:||EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES: |
1. Collects samples of wastewater for analysis.
2. Maintains records of wastewater flow and treatment plant and pump station operation and maintenance activities.
3. Inspects and reviews wastewater treatment plant operations, including equipment operation, wastewater processing, and state of wastewater upon plant entry and after treatment.
4. Determines action to be taken to ensure that effluent released meets legal requirements governing purity.
5. Prepares reports on operations to meet City, state and federal requirements.
6. Performs miscellaneous repairs to pumps and other plant equipment.
7. Enters data into computerized database.
8. Monitors and ensures compliance of the treatment plant operation with applicable regulations and permit requirements.
9. Monitors landfill leachate and storm water, combined sewer outfalls, and other projects delegated to the wastewater personnel and ensures compliance with regulations.
10. Assists in the maintenance and repair of the mechanical, electrical and electronic facilities that compose the wastewater treatment plant and pumping stations.
11. Maintains the physical security and cleanliness of treatment plant facilities and grounds.
KNOWLEDGE OF: Some knowledge of maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment. Some knowledge of all basic aspects of wastewater treatment and collection systems operations and maintenance including mathematics, chemistry, biology, word processing and database/spreadsheet entry; safety precautions related to wastewater treatment chemicals and hazards, and confined space entry.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to use a respirator as determined by a professionally licensed health care professional (PLHCP) while performing various work tasks. Possession of or ability to obtain a valid commercial driver's license and minimum Class B with air brakes endorsement required within six months of hire; safe driving record; possession of certifications of Oregon Wastewater Treatment Level I and Oregon Collection Systems Level II with ability to obtain Level II and Level III respectively within one (1) year of hire; possess or ability to obtain Oregon Department of Agriculture Public Pesticide Applicator with Right of Way licenses within one (1) year of hire; current CPR and First Aid cards. Must have customary telephone service in residence and/or have and maintain cellular phone service. Must live within 15 lawful driving minutes of City limits. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.